Saturday 26 May 2012

Somewhere in the world and Day 20 of the 30 day challenge

Somewhere in the world there are children walking the streets wearing ripped clothes, souless shoes and a stomach that longs for just even a crumb of bread. Somewhere in the world there are teenagers who have run away from home for reasons only they behold. Hungry and tiered and sick of the world around them. Carrying thoughts of suicide in thir head and wanting to end there lives. Somewhere in the world there are adults, just like your parents and mine, sleeping on the street, covering their children from the wind and thinking "when will we get some food?" Somewhere in the world, both far and near from our door steps are those unfortunate who have given up complaing. Whose life is a mess and they have no power or way to fix it. Somewhere in the world they are suffering while somewhere in the world we are living lavishly.

Many think that poverty exists only in third world countries, but it dosent. It is everywhere. It its really sad that we choose to ignore it. We think that if we dont pay attention to it, it will go away. Well it hasnt, and i dont think that it will any time soon. I saw this picture ages ago in the newspaper where next to a high rise builing in India is a slum. Does anyone see a problem with this? Does anyone see the socal injustice and inequality evident here? In 2009 I went to India and Bangladesh to see my family. My dad said to me when you go there you will realise how lucky you are. He was right. We are so bloddy god damn lucky to have a roof over our heads. There on the streets were children so young walking around with their hands out asking for money. Some banging their fists on the windows of the car to get something, that just might get them past tonight. And you know whats sad about all that? Not only the fact that they are children and they do not deserve this, but the fact that all these people are just neglecting them. People are screaming, shouting, cursing and often hitting the children just becase they asked for a few cents. Why? Why are you doing this? Do you have no humanity? What the hell has the world come to? And then you have those women holding babies in their arms, crying and wanting some money. The baby so skinny and so weak. Obviously they babies havent had the chance to eat or drink. My question here is why would you not give money to this poor lady? Would it kill you to give her just a few rupee or taka? (indian currency & bangla currency) What makes you not want to give it to her? Cant you see she is suffering? Seriously.

I get so frustrated when i see this. It's just so sad, there is so much inequality in the world and we sit here and choose to ignore it. Even donating a few dollers makes a change. So please, if you ever walk down the streets and you see someone collecting money for charity. Please donate, even if its just $1, because every cent counts.

DAY 20 OF THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE

Take a photo of your room and talk about it and the things in it




So this is my room :) Well parts of it :) Not that big but comfy enough for me. So i have a double bed as visible. You would expect me to have a single bed but if i did i would be sleeping on the floor. This is due to my extremly bag sleeping habbits which force me to move around continuosly. Some mornings i will find my self on the opposite side of the bed. How i got there? No idea. Ontop of my bed i have the wodden blocks from typo that says <3 NARNIA. This was a birthday present from Richie on my 15th birthday. The most amazing present i must add. Ontop of that i have an autograph from skandar! Yep skandar ;) ahah next photo you have my bookshelf. Ontop of which i have statues and photos of hindu deities =D and then you ahve my table with sticky notes on the wall of homework and reminders and revision notices. Then you have my notice board which is quite of embarasing :P But yeah the white board part has stuff like reminders and my atar goal, motivational quotes and things i have to remember. Then on the otherside i had notes which i have to hadn in and pictures and stuff that are very dear to me such as the UN youth camp thin, my mini red chucks, a book mark my mum gave and all sorts of other things. So yeah. That is my room =D

2 comments:

  1. I see the present I got you! LOL thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no problemo richie :) any time!

    ReplyDelete