Thursday 12 July 2012

Conversation with a telemarketer

 Most telemarketers are based in India and I have found that most get quite "excited" when they realise  that you are another fellow indian who has actually picked up the phone and responded to his question rather than hanging up there and then. So today i had an interesting conversation with a telemarketer who didnt understand the fact that I was going to hang up. They also ask really weird questions that are completly irrelevant to the whole topic they called to discuss about. This dude wanted to talk about morgage and instead the conversation went like this.

Telemarketer: Hello mam, if i am not wrong, are you from India?
Me: No why are you asking me this?
Telemarketer : Where are you from?
Me: Why ?
Telemarketer: No, here it says on the data base that your fathers name is Debashish Mazumder. Are  you from Calcutta, India?
Me: Yes, why?
Telemarketer : I am also based in India and calling from there. What is your age?
Me: 16, can you please call back after 6:30 when my dad will be able to talk to you?
Telemarketer: Okat mam. Mam what is your "good name"?
Me: Sarothi
Telemarketer: Ohh like from the Gita?
Me: Yes can you please call back later like i said?
Telemarketer: Okay mam. We are actually from the Morgage compant and we are doing a morgage help fund for your area to.....
Me: I'm very busy please call back later
Telemarketer: Okay mam. Thank you for talking mam. I like you name. Take care mam talk to you soon.

No telemarketer person I will NOT talk to you soon. NOT ever. You freak me out. Your like a pedo all the way in india.

No comments:

Post a Comment