Saturday 7 January 2012

Their Human NOT Boat people

So today I met this refugee who is helping renovating our house. I didnt know he was a refugee until I aked my dad " why does he have this look of despair?" My dad told me that he is a refugee who has been granted refuge in australia he had travelled from burma his orginal country and spent $ 12 000 US dollers to get to indonesia and then another $12 000 from indonesia to secure him a spot on a boat and travelled to Australia. Back in Burma he had a masters in Economics and was doing a well paid job, he also has wife and kids that he left behind there and he hasnt seen them for years and years because he is is'nt alowed to leave the country. My dad then went onto saying how we should be happy at how lucky we are insted of complaining over minor things such as not getting the lastest ipod or iphone and what not. And that actually made me relaise truely how lucky we all are. I never met a reguee let alone talked to him and i am kind of honered to meet him becuase he has so much courgae and bravery that none of us have. Everyday he must be sighing at how he misses his wife and kids and his kids and wife must be sighing at how much they miss him. Even when my dad goes away on a seminar to a forgein counrey or even interstate i cry and miss him because he is gone and i cant live without him and now i think that this man's kids must be crying even more as they havent talked to their father in so many years and dont even know if they will be ever able to see him. You know it brings tears to my eyes to see how much mental torture he is going though. It disgusts me when people regard these people as "Boat People" I mean seriously have you ever stopped to think what these people may be going through? We should all be looking after and looking out for these poeple insted of dispising them. They are all human like us and still we are acting inhuman against them. We should not be regarded as humans if we see these kind refugees like they are "umtouchable souls".
This man may be better off in Sydney with no war breaking out like Burma but inside he is dying and burning to see his wife and kids.
We are truely lucky and its a shame that not mant people relaise that. I pray that one day and hopfully soon enough he can reunite with his wife and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment