Wednesday 21 August 2013

Confidence

Today i just want to talk about confidence. So recently I have been looking through my old photos and looking back I have never been a skinny child. However, i came across photos of me in year 9 and saw that once in my life I was actually my desired weight. So i thought long and hard and thought why i lost weight back then. It was because I did no work, no studying no nothing just sat in my room spending al l my time on my appearance and my weight. At the time i thought that was great i felt pretty looked pretty and was confident. But now i look back and see what a foolish thing that was to do. Neglecting all studies evidently let to my downfall in my studies. And now i look back and laugh at foolish me. Silly me, spending all my time on looks just for guys that i had a crush on which are nothing. haha. So now that brings me back to my blog post about today. So in year 10 i kind of STARTED to realise that studying was actually a good thing to do and that would actually take me somewhere. But by then i lost a whole year of my life. So trying to catch up and be where i wanted to be in terms of education led me to gaining weight. But it was still okay. Year 11 and 12 hit and now I am looking at my photos and sometimes in the mirror and thinking wow, i look so different. I have gained alot of weight and the slim fitting dresses i once wore and now neatly folded at the top of my closet, probably never to be worn again. It's kind of sad. I'm in a total mind set now and although i still care on how i look i know that i will never be able to get back to being that skinny me in year 9 because i am not willing to sacrifice my studies just to look good. 

But... i have been thinking. I have been thinking long and hard about what im doing, how i look and all. In this disgusting consumerist world looks is all what we seem to care about. But the truth is, it not about looks, its about confidence. You may be the prettiest girl in the grade or the most stunning guy people have ever seen, but at the end of the day if you lack confidence, your "appearance" and the way people perceive you will be severely impacted. 

Confidence is a person is what makes them stand out. Not looks or wealth or how much you weigh. Confidence makes you radiate and shine bright. Yes i am very short and not an "acceptable" height that  has been labeled by society. Yes i may not be skinny and look as good as many but i have confidence. And trust me, whoever you are that is reading this, confidence if the most flattering thing you can put on. And when i talk about confidence i don't just mean confident in how you look but confident in what you do, what you say and how you act. Wake up everyday saying that "i am awesome" and "i can do anything" because you can! we all can! 

I saw this girl who was stunning the other day, blonde hair, blue eyes perfect body and height and what  society deems as "stunning". Now with an appearance like hers you expect her to be confidence right? Well she was standing in a corner, shoulders hunched and biting her nails. She was lacking confidence, looking at her people would be less likely to approach her even though she was absolutely stunning. Next to that girl was another girl, shorter and not as slim. But, she stood up straight and smiles and had a look of confidence on her. It was easily seen that people we taking more note of her than the blonde girl. But guys this goes to show, whoever you are and whatever you look like, confidence is the main thing. 

If i can be short stubby and look like a bag of potato's and still be confident then im sure you can do.

And for all you ladies out there, guys are attracted to confidence. And vice vera for guys as well. No girl would want to date a guy who mopes around all day. That saying, don't be cocky either!!! Have a balance.

I know this blog post was different but i hope you guys liked it. 

Signing off,

Forger. xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment