Tuesday 4 June 2013

UWS DAY

So today we (year 12) went to the UWS day to "explore our opportunities". It was quite fun actually, i expected it to be rather boring to be honest. First up we had to encounter a speech by the chancellor and  mayor and i died in the heat. The discussion time was alright, we got a different perspective of students and how they got into UNI and what they had to offer. I was looking forward to the science lecture but it wasnt as good as i had hoped. I would have rather them have current students talk about their course and so on. Lunch was the best part (yay for vegetarian menu). The uni decided to bring in reptiles YAY! (note sarcasm). This included a massive huge as snake that was sooooo thick and another thin snake which just slithered everywhere. just thinking about it makes me shiver. i really don't like reptiles. my awesome friends kept on pulling me towards them and "Daring" me to touch the snake. i think i would have died if i did. Anyways, the last part of the day was the most amusing. We booked in for "explore your future" lecture and we got lost finding the lecture hall, that was a fun experience in its self. It ended up being in the medical building. i thought the lecture would be about inspiring me about my future and where careers would take me. BUT! it was some boring as thing about statistics on how uni grads make more money and how were all bound to change our career at least 8x. I wasted four minutes of my remotely precious life. I wanted to leave but my friends didn't want to because they thought something better would happen. But my firned Kiran was with me on this one, she was as bored as i was. Its funny because Kiran and I are the most obedient goody goody's in our school. i mean i don't even chew gum in school. haha, but yeah so four minutes into this boring lecture we decided to leave. We literally ran to the lecture theatre like running was going to make it less obvious T_T. haha but yeah, it was definitely a good choice! we walked around the uni and Kiran got her arm plastered. we decided if they asked us what happened we would say that i had an asthma attack and i needed water T_T. but when we got out we saw that we went the only ones who were walking around. there were tonnes of people running around and sitting by the lake. Near the end of the day a friend of mine came to visit me at the uni which was a delight because i hardly see him.
All in all it was a pretty good day for running around and laughing .

signing off,
forger xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment