Tuesday 19 March 2013

#dilemma #belongingtoplaceandthings

So i have decided that i will overtake the masterbedroom as soon as HSC finished. The reason being is that whilst my HSC is going on i have realised how much room i need to store my books and notes and basically everything else in my room. My door no longer opens completely because there is a whole stack of textbooks and folders blocking the way. My table has a pile of books that reachers half way up my massive bookshelf and there is basically loose paper everywhere. Under my bed i have a suitacase of books. Yes a suitacase. My room is becoming too small for me. Ontop of that i have a massive study table and bed which takes up alot of my room.

But heres the dilemma, i don't know if i really want to move to the master bedroom. The master bedroom is kind of like the "spare oom" (NARNIA REFERENCE) at the moment with all the junk that has been neglected over the past yeas. Mainly most of my instruments and toys i have bid farewell too. I have been in my bedroom since i first moved into this house in 2005. Its been 8 years! It has kind of become my home now. Thinking of moving to the next room feels like I'm leaving behind my home. Its this sense of belonging to place i have acquired (link to HSC area of study hehe). I don't know what to do. I really want to move but then at the same time i don't want to. Moving into the new room after HSC in time for UNI will kind of be like a new start.

Another dilemma i am facing is about my table. I have had this massive wooden thing since 1999. 2 whole years before i even started kindy. It has been my table ever since then, it was my table for dumping my toys and everything when i was young, and as i grew older it became a place to stick my stickers and posters and everything. Then came the stage in my life where i actually put books on it with huge ass book holders and now its just covered in books. I really want a new slim white table and i my parents agreed to get me a new one after HSC but just like my bedroom i have gained a belonging to this thing. I know its simply a table but its MY table. Now i don't know what to do. Do i get a new table or do i stick to this one!? I guess i do have alot of time to think about both my table and room but its just in my head. I should really be studying now. My half yearly is in two weeks! then i will be finished with 50% of my HSC term three only has 9 weeks to that will ZOOM by. And then I will only have a term left. Time is going so fast i must make the most of it.

You know, now that i have come to the end of this post i decided that i wont give up my table. Its my table and will always be. I have done homework and study from kindy through to year 12 on this (ongoing process). I've studied for the Basic Skills Test, NAPLAN test, OC test, Selective Test, Preliminary Exam and now I'm Studying for my HSC exam. This table has alot of memories bound to it. I wish my table could talk and tell me all about me from when i first got this table. *Sigh*

As for my room, I'm leaning towards shifting but lets give it some more time and thought.

In other news, i dont have to do etchings for my art anymore HALLELUJAH! but that means that all my time and effort that went into it in term one has now gone down the drain. Now with my different path, there is much to do and not enough time to do it. Hell its due in July that like 4 bloody months away. I graduate in 6 months o.O and Finish HSC in 8 more months. April is right around the corner :(


No comments:

Post a Comment