Monday 20 May 2013

Law or Science Degree?

So the time for University submissions are creeping up. I still cant believe that i am about to graduate in 4 effing months. I really want to get into the University of Sydney because my one of my best friends go there. Although he is in second year Uni now and when i get in he will be 3rd year and i will be first year, i will still get to see him more regularly than i do now! Now the question is, do i choose law or science? All the way from year 9 till the beginning of year 12 i had my mind set on law. But now in year 12 and reaching the end of it im leaning more to science. Science runs in the family with mum being a science graduate and dad being a scientist, but idk i feel like i would do pretty well in law. I try so hard in biology and put half the effort into legal studies and still come in the top 3. So that is what is getting me thinking. If i am good at law without doing as much work, shouldn't that be a better choice for uni?

But then again, you would have to think about the job prospects as well. Although there are many law jobs available there are so many law graduates all over Sydney that breaking through into the law world will be extremely difficult. And as far as i have heard from law students is that the faculty is filled with students who wouldn't think twice before throwing the blade. And knowing me, i wouldn't be able to cope in that environment. But on the other hand the course that i want to get into does not have a good job prospect in Australia. I would have to move away to America or something where i think its a growing field. But moving away from my parents and siblings doesn't seem like the most appealing choice.

Im so confused i don't know what to do. Time has creeped up so fast and now I'm just confused and scared and most of all stressed. Stressed because i actually need to get the marks to get into my uni course. I cant wait till all of this is over and i can just sit quietly in my room and read A thousand Splendid suns again. It was such an amazing book. If you haven't read it, GO READ IT. then go read "the girl from bhagdad" another favourite of mine.

On other news, my singing teacher is about to kill me because i haven't practiced the "sargams" i should have been. I guess its my fault, I've been  to tied up with studying and eating food that i couldn't make the time for singing when clearly i could have. On top of that Puja is coming up soon which means i have to perform. The only thing is i haven't learnt any new devotional songs. Maybe ill pass this year by saying i have my finals.

*SIGH* im so stressed out, i just need to vent to someone. Preferably my sister, but she is so busy with her new born daughter that she hardly has time to go to the bathroom let alone talk to me.

Anywho, i am out. I have an english exam on friday which i am not prepared for. I had a dream my teacher gave me a 6/20 for the essay. i really hope that doesn't happen, i would probably die.

signing off,

forger. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment